Healthy Halo Protocols
Things are going to look a bit different around Halo for a while. Same dedication to customer care and fabulous hair, of course, but we are also taking seriously our responsibility to prevent the spread of the virus within the Halo community, and so have implemented these protocols.
We thank you in advance for partnering with us in following our COVID policies, which are based upon CDC, Barbicide, Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, and California Board of Cosmetology guidelines and regulations.
We will be taking appointments for blow outs (Fabulous Blow Outs and Love Is In The Hair) and keratin, scalp, and deep conditioning treatments in Burlingame and Menlo Park. Halo Los Altos remains temporarily closed until further notice. No waxing or makeup application until we can responsibly do so.
THE “BYO WET HAIR” BLOW OUT
For those who want a blow out, but don’t want to commit to a full Fab Blow Out, we’ve created an additional blow dry for these times – arrive for your Fab Blow Out with washed, wet hair. This allows you to skip the wash sinks and go directly to the dryer, limiting your exposure and time in public. It will be $37, and take 30 minutes.
• Please wear a mask at all times. (Yes, we can do keratin treatments and blow outs around a mask!)
• Hand sanitizer is readily available – please use it upon entry.
• Toilets are closed.
• Check-in, check-out, payments, and tips will be touch-less.
• Please maintain social distancing during your visit.
• Please do not bring a friend, partner, or child.
• No animals allowed, including support animals. (American Disability Act animals are welcome.)
• Please avoid touching! That’s of our staff and others, as well as avoidable objects and product displays.
• Please bring as little as possible to your appointment. If you can, do without your purse.
• Please do not wear gloves into our facilities unless you put on a fresh pair as you arrive in our lobby.
• Sadly, at this time, we cannot offer refreshments as we usually do.
• If you, or a house-mate, has any symptoms of sickness please re-schedule your appointment. (Our staff too! We’ll be checking their temperature daily as a precaution.)
PLEASE BE ON TIME!
(Or a few minutes early!) We are on a tight schedule to limit the number of people in our salons at the same time. If you are more than ten minutes late, we will cancel your appointment and bill your credit card so we can be fair to other guests and our stylists, and keep to our social distancing and sanitation protocols.
AT THE DOOR
Walk-ins without an appointment will not be allowed. For those with an appointment, our waiting areas are set up to allow social distancing. Common areas will be cleaned regularly.
We’ll use a touch-less thermometer for a temperature check.
We are no longer taking cash for services and tips. Tips can be left on your credit card or can be paid direct to your stylist via venmo, apple pay etc. We have a list of stylist account information at our front desks for direct payment.
Please, no walk-ins for product purchases. Feel free to call – 800-425-6179 – and if we can, we’ll provide you with door pick-up. If you have an appointment, please use our product order form before your appointment. At your appointment, please do not remove products from shelves – ask us! Payment will be touch-less only.
STEPS WE ARE TAKING
• Could go without saying we are stridently sanitizing each stylist station and all common areas.
• All staff members will be wearing a mask.
• We won’t seat any guest closer than six feet apart.
• We’ve removed magazines, brochures, and product samples from our salons.
• Staff will also be receiving daily temperature checks.
We know this is a lot. Our staff has been preparing for this, so if you are unsure, please look to them for guidance.