For the safety of our clients, staff and community, and in support of the updated situation around the COVID-19 pandemic, all three Halo Blow Dry Bar locations are temporarily closed.
As soon as we can safely—and in tandem with county regulations—re-open, we’ll get the word out to you.
Bookmark this page, or follow us on Facebook or Instagram, for updates as conditions change. Please note that any info here can change quickly if San Mateo County (our Menlo Park and Burlingame locations) or Santa Clara County (our Los Altos location) changes their policies. We’ll do our best to keep you informed.
We are sad to have to do this, but hope that these steps keep our community safe. All our best wish to you.
Things are going to look a bit different around Halo for a while. Same dedication to customer care and fabulous hair, of course, but we are also taking seriously our responsibility to prevent the spread of the virus within the Halo community, and so have implemented these protocols.
We thank you in advance for partnering with us in following our COVID policies, which are based upon CDC, Barbicide, Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, and California Board of Cosmetology guidelines and regulations.
We will be taking appointments for blow outs (Fabulous Blow Outs and Love Is In The Hair) and keratin, scalp, and deep conditioning treatments. No waxing or makeup application until we can responsibly do so.
THE “BYO WET HAIR” BLOW OUT
For those who want a blow out, but don’t want to commit to a full Fab Blow Out, we’ve created an additional blow dry for these times – arrive for your Fab Blow Out with washed, wet hair. This allows you to skip the wash sinks and go directly to the dryer, limiting your exposure and time in public. It will be $37, and take 30 minutes.
• Please wear a mask at all times. (Yes, we can do keratin treatments and blow outs around a mask!)
• Hand sanitizer is readily available – please use it upon entry.
• Toilets are closed.
• Check-in, check-out, payments, and tips will be touch-less.
• Please maintain social distancing during your visit.
• Please do not bring a friend, partner, or child.
• No animals allowed, including support animals. (American Disability Act animals are welcome.)
• Please avoid touching! That’s of our staff and others, as well as avoidable objects and product displays.
• Please bring as little as possible to your appointment. If you can, do without your purse.
• Please do not wear gloves into our facilities unless you put on a fresh pair as you arrive in our lobby.
• Sadly, at this time, we cannot offer refreshments as we usually do.
• If you, or a house-mate, has any symptoms of sickness please re-schedule your appointment. (Our staff too! We’ll be checking their temperature daily as a precaution.)
PLEASE BE ON TIME!
(Or a few minutes early!) We are on a tight schedule to limit the number of people in our salons at the same time. If you are more than ten minutes late, we will cancel your appointment and bill your credit card so we can be fair to other guests and our stylists, and keep to our social distancing and sanitation protocols.
AT THE DOOR
Walk-ins without an appointment will not be allowed. For those with an appointment, our waiting areas are set up to allow social distancing. Common areas will be cleaned regularly.
We’ll use a touch-less thermometer for a temperature check.
We are no longer taking cash for services and tips. Tips can be left on your credit card or can be paid direct to your stylist via venmo, apple pay etc. We have a list of stylist account information at our front desks for direct payment.
Please, no walk-ins for product purchases. Feel free to call – 800-425-6179 – and if we can, we’ll provide you with door pick-up. If you have an appointment, please use our product order form before your appointment. At your appointment, please do not remove products from shelves – ask us! Payment will be touch-less only.
STEPS WE ARE TAKING
• Could go without saying we are stridently sanitizing each stylist station and all common areas.
• All staff members will be wearing a mask.
• We won’t seat any guest closer than six feet apart.
• We’ve removed magazines, brochures, and product samples from our salons.
• Staff will also be receiving daily temperature checks.
We know this is a lot. Our staff has been preparing for this, so if you are unsure, please look to them for guidance.
We’ve started a first-come-first-served waiting list for when we re-open. If you’d like to be added, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know:
• your name,
• contact phone and/or e-mail,
• the service you are looking forward to,
• what day or days of the week work for you,
• AM, PM, a specific time, or any time,
• and if you have a preferred stylist.
You’ll be added to the list to be contacted as appointment slots open. Stay in the loop with the latest Halo re-opening news.
Oribe Serene Scalp
Two new products join this incredibly popular line from Oribe. Serene Scalp products treat dandruff and help prevent thinning hair with all these benefits:
• Soothes and calms the scalp
• Removes loose dandruff flakes
• Maintains healthy moisture balance of scalp and hair
• Creates an optimal environment for healthy hair
• Hair and scalp are refreshed and rejuvenated
• Formulated without parabens, sulfates or sodium chloride
• Color and keratin treatment safe
• UV protection for hair
• Vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free
Serene Scalp Thickening Treatment Spray
High-density at your fingertips. Our powerful treatment for thinning hair is proven to leave hair feeling thicker, fuller and healthier. The ultra-lightweight formula instantly plumps hair at the root while creating denser-looking strands over the course of three months.
• After 1 month: 85% saw an improvement in the appearance of their hair*
• After 2 months: 86% said their thinning hair looks thicker*
• After 3 months: More than 8 in 10 said their hair felt significantly fuller*
*Based on a 90-day consumer panel study
Serene Scalp Exfoliating Scrub
Reveal the secret to a healthy scalp. This powerful scrub gently polishes scalp with exfoliating beads to remove oil, dirt and product buildup while a blend of alpha hydroxy acids and fruit extracts cleanses pores and nourishes hair. Scalp is left primed and deeply purified.
The wash and set tribe! How many mothers washed, dried, and chatted at the salon – back in the day? That weekly, day-time visit to the salon was mom’s time to care for herself and catch up on the latest gossip and magazine articles with the other wash-and-set ladies.
Times have changed – and blow out technology too! No more salon dryer hoods and we’re more likely checking social media on our smartphones, than gossiping over an article from a ladies print magazine. But look around Halo during the day-time and you’ll see the ritual of washing, “setting”, and socializing continues. Some things – the rewarding things – remain the same!
The rewarding things? A regularly scheduled me-time appointment can be so much more than just a hair-do – it can be a life-do. We all know that feeling of a great hair day – it’s empowering, satisfying, and adds a little fancy to daily life. If mothers don’t deserve that, we don’t know who does. Why? Well, we know mom, right? Putting herself last, taking care of business and the needs of others. A weekly blow out is a well-earned, calorie-free slice of self-care.
Big “thank you” to all Mommy Haloers – for spending your me-time with us as well as for the work of mothering which benefits us all in the Halo community and beyond.
You’ll look like you’ve struck gold when you use these Oribe Gold Lust hair essentials. They all contain Oribe Signature Complex (Watermelon, Lychee and Edelweiss Flower Extracts) to defend your hair from oxidative stress, photoaging and the deterioration of natural keratin, while protecting from the drying, damaging and color-depleting effects of the elements. With Oribe’s signature scent and hard-working ingredients, you can’t go wrong with these fabulous hair essentials.
How To: Gym to Brunch with Gold Lust Dry Shampoo
At Halo, we’re continually training and working to improve our skills. There’s no better place to learn, and keep up with trends in style, technique and products than at a Oribe Atelier. The Oribe Hair Care Team puts on a good show, as well as packs in the schooling. Check out some of the glam shots – yes, we were working too!
We were so sad to hear, over the holidays, of the passing of Oribe Canales. His products are go-to for all our stylists (in their own hair too!) And pretty much anyone who has stopped into Halo has floated out surrounded by the famous Oribe scent.
Oribe Hair Care products allow us to bring glamour to each blow out. We are proud that our work helps continue his legacy – especially with any client requesting BIG HAIR!
Mr. Canales was beloved the world over by backstage professionals and his expansive celebrity clientele and will be remembered as a master of his craft, conjuring the kind of unapologetic glamour that spoke to the world’s most alluring women. And yet perhaps it was his relationship with Jennifer Lopez—who, after long admiring Oribe’s work in Vogue, hired him for her debut album, 1999’s On the 6—that transformed him from fashion insider to Hollywood go-to and eventually a household name in his own right; the pair would go on to travel the world together for more than a decade.
“He was a legend,” Lopez said, “I was sixteen on the train reading about him in Vogue, and he made such an impression on me that twelve years later, when I was making my first album, I remembered his name.” She also recalled his vivaciousness, as well as his good looks: “He had the slicked hair and the tattoos — he was handsome and full of life.”
Mr. Canales introduced Oribe Hair Care, a high-end line of shampoos and hair styling products, in 2008. This award-winning hair care line fulfills the demands of the most discerning hairstylists and clients by delivering a never-before-experienced level of performance, with an intoxicating signature scent and accessory-like packaging.
“He helped me understand of how the fashion part of things empowered women, and that when women felt beautiful, they were limitless and they could do anything,” Ms. Lopez said. “He glamorized women, and he made them feel sexy by the way he did their hair and by the way he loved them, and I felt loved by him.”
We think you’ll love the convenience and features we’ve included in our Halo App.
Halo App Features:
• Better, easier, faster online booking
• Halo icon right on your phone home screen
• Quickly access/change your appointments
• Your Halo account info synced over all devices
• Opt in or out of notifications
• Catalog of services
• Product list
• Purchase gift cards and memberships
And best of all, it’s free!
Jane Iredale supports Look Good, Feel Better®
Jane Iredale not only makes products that support women in looking and feeling their best, they also support local organizations with a similar mission. Look Good Feel Better® has helped countless women in cancer treatment boost their confidence and feel empowered.